HELLDIVERS™: DIVE HARDER
UPDATED: Patch notes added
HELLDIVERS™: Dive Harder is now available! As usual, this update is free to download for anyone who owns the base game on PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 3, PlayStation® Vita or Steam.
HELLDIVERS™: Dive Harder includes a completely new game mode called Proving Grounds, an improved loadout system, as well as some tweaks and balancing changes.
A Proving Ground is a unique replayable mission that takes place in a city, purpose built as a training facility. Captured enemies have been let loose to roam the streets and give the Helldivers an opportunity to hone their skills.
A Proving Ground mission consists of three components.
- Challenge: A challenge is the actual objective the Helldivers are tasked to complete. These are familiar from the main game, rescue civilians or activate SAM-sites for example.
- Modifier: A modifier mix things up and force the Helldiver to stay sharp. For example unexpected orbital bombardment strikes the city, or the electricity goes out plunging the map into darkness…
- Condition: A condition primarily affects the loadout available to the Helldiver, like shotguns only, or only defensive stratagems, or perhaps a new weapon every time you reload!
There are three different Proving Grounds available during a Galactic Campaign and they unlock as the campaign proceeds. At the end of the campaign all three Proving Grounds resets. New Proving Grounds unlocks in the next Galactic Campaign, with new combinations of challenges, modifiers and conditions.
With great risk comes great reward! Helldivers who climb to the top of a Proving Ground’s leaderboard at the end of the Galactic Campaign will be awarded a cape by Super Earth Command.
Check out this Development Video for more details:
Improved loadout system
HELLDIVERS™: Dive Harder introduces both favorite- and random loadout options.
Favorite loadouts allow the player to define up to three different combinations of weapons, perks and stratagems for quick access when starting a mission.
Players who want to add an element of surprise to their game can now select the random loadout option, which will select randomly among unlocked weapons, perks and stratagems.
Tweaks and balancing changes
HELLDIVERS™: Dive Harder also includes tweaks and balancing changes. These are based on the feedback we have gathered from the community (yes, you can now skip the Galactic Campaign Summary…). Please see the full patch notes below.
• Added Proving Grounds. A new game mode where Helldivers can hone their skills by completing unique replayable challenges.
• Added Favorite Loadouts.
• Added Random Loadouts.
• City Defend Events now have difficulty 15 missions available as well.
• Fixed an issue causing the M-25 ‘Rumbler’ to get infinite ammo from forced quick reloads.
• It is now possible to skip the Galactic War Summary.
• The AT-47 Anti-Tank Emplacement shells now do damage to the Emplacement if firing at close range targets.
• AD-289 ‘Angel’ and AD-334 ‘Guard Dog’ will return to backpack to rearm if left idle for a while.
• Increased damage and fire rate for AC-22 ‘Dum-Dum’.
• FLAM-40 ‘Incinerator’ now leaves swaths of fire in its wake.
• Strong Arm now increases melee damage as well.
Live stream, October 25th
Finally, we would like to invite you all to join us at twitch.tv/arrowheadgs on October 25th, 6:00pm CEST (09:0am PDT, 12:00 pm EDT) where we will play- and talk about the new content.
If you want to play with us on the live stream you need to sign up in advance:
- Send a message on PSN to “Arrowhead_Plays”, before 1:00pm CEST on October 25th
- We will send friend requests to a number of players on a first come, first served basis (we will not be able to add everyone who applies). We will also send these players some additional information about how to prepare for the stream
- During the stream we will play one Proving Ground with two community members at the time. When we finish the attempt or the whole squad wipes the turn goes to two new community members
- We can unfortunately not guarantee that we will have time to play with everyone who signs up, even if we added them as friends ahead of the stream
Awesome! Thanks guys for all the love you put into this game, I hold so many cherirshed memories of working together and overcoming hell.